My Berlin Kitchen: A Love Story, with Recipes

My Berlin Kitchen: A Love Story (with Recipes) - Luisa Weiss Originally posted at Nose in a Book This book made me so happy. I’ve read the author’s’ blog, The Wednesday Chef, for quite some time, so when there was a chance to get an ARC of her book My Berlin Kitchen: A Love Story, I had to enter. I loved almost everything about this book. The cover, the writing, the recipes. This is the story of Luisa Weiss. She was born to an English father, Italian mother, in cold war West Germany. She moves a lot between various countries and ends up taking a jump and ending back up in Berlin, which ends up working for the best. The chapters also all end with recipes that I am now dying to make even though it is 110 outside and the thought of turning on the oven is usually frowned upon, but for these recipes I wanted to, I still want to. Luisa welcomes you into her own little world and little family for a bit. I laughed with Luisa, I cried with her. Both of which were embarrassing because I read this at work near my co workers. There goes that hardass edge I try to show. There is a point in the book when I swear I yelled “NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO” because she does something and you want to shake her. But it’s okay. It all works out for the best in the end. This book is a nice addition for her blog if you’re a long time reader, but it’s also a good stand alone book for one who hasn’t ever read her blog.