The Raven Boys

The Raven Boys - I've sat here with the blinking cursor for quite sometime unsure of what I wanted to say about this book. I easily wavered between anywhere from 2-4 stars (hence my final choice of 3.) This book started off hella slow and by the end I couldn't put it down. That being said it took so long to get into it, that when it started to get good: I expected more. Stiefvater's writing is solid and saves the book as always. That's never in question. What's in question to me is various other things: Stiefvater's feelings on bloggers, the fact she always writes a solid love story and I left this book trying to figure out who I would root for couple-wise because there is a love triangle, that could be argued it wasn't a love triangle at all. Stiefvater also can write a really good mystery, even though I saw part of it coming, it still was so well written I couldn't put it down.I know, you're like "Ashley, it sounds like you love this! Why are you only giving it three stars?!" It was soooooooooo slow to start, that I almost quit the book numerous times and for some reason giving it four stars just felt wrong.