I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls)

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You  - Ally Carter Originally posted at Nose in a BookI’ve had this book on my bookshelf for awhile now, but you know how it is books get moved around and you lose place of them. But recently I rediscovered this book. The book was a little more middle school than young adult than I was expecting; however, I was still drawn in to the story that Ally Carter told.Cammie is a student at Gallagher Academy, a school that claims to be for geniuses, but instead is for spies. Cammie’s mother is also headmaster of this school which makes her life harder than it already is. Her father died mysteriously and although the family has moved on her relationship is still strained with her mother. But at the same time she is a teenage girl, she isn’t going to tell her mother everything no matter how close their relationship is. This isn’t the Gilmore Girls relationship.The Gallagher Academy is in a small town and is known as “the school.” One day on assignment Cammie meets a boy. Something that is almost unknown at Gallagher Academy not counting the professors who the girls have known for years. However, not wanting to tell the boy about “the school.” She tells him that she is homeschooled and spins a whole web of lies to him to try to make him like her, even though it wouldn’t be liking her for her. It would be liking her for a fake version of her. Cammie is so excited about liking a guy and having him like her she just continues to push through with this plan.There is more to this book however than just boys and parents, at the heart of the book there is Cammie and how she grows and changes and her friendships around her evolve with that fact.