Dinner: A Love Story: It All Begins at the Family Table

Dinner: A Love Story: It All Begins at the Family Table - Originally posted at Nose in a BookHi, my name is Ashley and I don’t want children. There are two responses to this. 1) “Hi, Ashley, welcome to the club.” 2) “Oh. Hon. You’ll change your mind.” Now, I know you’re asking, “why are you telling me this?” I’m telling you this because this book is about dinner and families and I still enjoyed it.Jenny Rosenstrach takes us on a food journal of when she first met the man who is now her husband, to when they first married, to when they became a family of three, to finally a family of four. Rosenstrach packs this book full of not only amazing recipes, but full of stories that make you relate to her even if you don’t have a background in the magazine industry and New York City. I laughed with her, I almost cried with her (to be honest it takes a lot to make me cry while reading), I wanted to hang out with her at her dinner table. Sadly, I can’t. I can however make some of her amazing recipes and hope for the best at my own kitchen table.Rosenstrach as a blog by the same name: Dinner: A Love Story and it must be said. You can read this book without reading her blog. I read a lot of blogs (well as many as a full time grad student and full time worker can read in her “free time”) and very rarely do I read a book from a blog that two aren’t overly connected. I understand that bloggers hate to hear that because they would love for the two to be separate, but this book is legitamely one of those books I could hand to my mother, who doesn’t know what a blog is, and she would be able to read this as a stand alone book. Yes, there are overlaps, but the overlaps don’t ruin the book. Personally, I think that is a good mark of the author.