Mind Games

Mind Games - Originally posted at yAdultReviewOh this book. As soon as I received this ARC I debated between losing my mind and trying to not get my hopes up. I loved and adored White’s Paranormalcy series. The voice in that series was witty and snarky and spot on, to me. I’ve heard nothing but rave reviews on Mind Games but I heard it was darker, a different side of White. After reading it, I can tell you, I had nothing to fear.Yes, Mind Games is darker, and completely different than Paranormalcy but at the heart of it, it is still White and her writing. Mind Games is the story of Fia and Annie, sisters who couldn’t be completely different from each other. Fia’s instincts are always right and Annie, is blind, yet is often gripped by visions that control her life the same way Fia’s instincts control her. This book is told from the point of view of both sisters, and is told from the past and the present. While it sounds confusing, and for a bit it is, it works. It works extremely well for this book, by the end everything ties together with just enough hanging that makes you want the second novel now.While I would have loved and adored to find out more about the espionage school, I was so caught up in Fia and Annie that I didn’t mind. I spent most of the book going back and forth on who annoyed me more in the book, but if anything that is a testament to White’s writing of a sisterly relationship. Family relationships are never Leave it to Beaver perfect and while using dual point of view White illustrates that while the sisters are often mad and frustrated at each other, at the end of the day they love each other and no one knows them better then each other.At 250 pages this is an extremely quick read and while the end is the perfect ending for this novel, you will want the second one to see what happens next.