Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swensen Mysteries)

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder - Joanne Fluke Originally posted at Nose in a BookI remember reading this book when it first came out and loved it. I was in the middle of my mystery phase and it was exactly what I needed; however, then I started to read trashy romance novels and I stopped reading the series. Since I currently work at a library I have noticed how popular this series has become and I wanted to continue it seeing the series now has over ten books in it.This series sadly isn’t nearly as good as I remember it. It was slow to get into, slow to care about anything. I couldn’t relate to as much about it as I could when I was in middle school (I also think it has something to do with the fact Hannah lives in Minnesota and I had just moved from Wisconsin.) But now while reading it all I could think about is that there are other book series I could be reading instead of it. Have I read worse mystery series? Yes, yes I have. Have I read better ones? Oh yes. Part of me is upset in myself for re-reading this, I ruined the good memories 12 year old Ashley had of it. But at the same time I’m glad I read it because it is a fun mystery series, that if in the right mood, it is perfect for.